Michael Francis McCarthy is an American roots musician based in Jacksonville, Florida. Growing up in South America and the Great North Woods he absorbed Andean folklore music, bluegrass and roots jam music a la Grateful Dead/Allman Brothers, later blending in Delta blues and classic early country influences.
Over the last decade McCarthy has traveled and performed throughout the southeastern US and overseas, blending branches of the American roots tradition in high-energy live sets featuring dense acoustic slide guitar work, powerful vocals and a sound that's at once traditional and unique.
- Saturday 10/29 5:30-9:30 @ BLUE TYPHOON, Jacksonville, FL (band)
- Wednesday 11/2 4:30-8:30 @ MI CASA CAFE, St. Augustine, FL (solo)
- Thursday 11/3 5:30-9:30 @ BLUE TYPHOON, Jacksonville, FL (solo)
- Friday 11/4 8:00-12:00 @ ANN O'MALLEY'S, St. Augustine, FL (solo)
- Thursday 11/17 5:30-9:30 @ BLUE TYPHOON Jacksonville, FL (solo)
- Friday Saturday 12/3 5:00- 9:00 @ FITZWILLIAM INN, Fitzwilliam, NH
DECEMBER WEEKLY RESIDENCIES IN JACKSONVILLE AND ST. AUGUSTINE COMING SOON, SO STAY TUNED...